REMEMBER! SHOOT ONLY AT PAPER TARGETS ON PROPER FRAMES SO BULLETS IMPACT INTO PROVIDED EARTHEN BACKSTOPS. NO CANS OR PLASTIC BOTTLES! KEEP ALL ACTIONS OPEN, MAGAZINES AND CHAMBERS EMPTY BEHIND THE FIRING LINE. OPEN CHAMBER INDICATORS FOR RIFLES ARE AVAILABLE FOR $1.00 FROM ANY OFFICER.
Whenever a person is forward of the firing line, all firearms must be cleared with actions open, magazines out and cylinders empty. If you want to check targets be sure that all shooters clear their guns before you walk down range. Remember that shooters with ear protection in place may not hear you if you only call for a target-check or change. Shooters on the pistol range or the 100-yd range cannot see each other without doing some walking.
UNIVERSITY RIFLE CLUB RANGE RULES:
- The use of alcoholic beverages, illegal drugs, or illegal substances shall at all times be forbidden on our premises.
- Whenever any person is forward of the firing line, all weapons on the firing line must be cleared and on safe. All weapons behind the firing line must have actions open and chambers, magazines, and/or cylinders free of any cartridges at all times.
- The 300-yard firing range may not be used when there is anyone in front of the 300-yard firing line on any range of the club. If someone is using the 300-yard range when you arrive you must wait because all other ranges are closed until that person is finished shooting. Please, wait in the upper parking lot and speak to the shooter.
- No shooting at aerial targets with rifles or pistols.
- The use of automatic weapons is forbidden on our ranges.
- The Club provides the proper target holders for use on all rifle and pistol ranges and are the only hold used. These are designed to insure that all shots hit the proper backstops to prevent ricochets. Only regulation targets shall be used on all ranges. No cans, bottles, or plastic jugs are allowed. Do not stand anything on the railroad ties on any range or deliberately shoot at them or at target frames and/or holders on any range.
- On the Smallbore Rifle range only .22 rimfire short, long, and long rifle may be used. (No Magnum loads permitted no Center-fire loads, no jacketed loads.)
- No cross firing from one range to another. All shots must be in the set direction of the established shooting position to the target set up locations. (No angle shots)
- Any member may challenge another member on any breach of rules or misuse of the range.
- Any active member who brings an eligible guest to shoot on the range more than three times in any year, that guest shall be expected to join the club as an active member. Members are responsible for the safety and conduct of their guests.
- Any member abusing range privileges faces immediate expulsion according to Article XI of the By Laws.
- The use of Pyrotechnic and/or incendiary devices or Tracer Projectiles is prohibited on our premises.